Your divorce is over. It's time to start sorting through all the things you need to do, to get your financial life in order. Often an overwhelming time for women emotionally, there is also an endless list of “housekeeping” issues to take care of.
This workshop will help walk you through them in three sections:
Tidy Up Your Loose Ends – Empowering you to get your life in order.
- Get Organized
- Update Your Name and Address
- Retitle Assets
- Using a Qualified Domestic Relations Order (QDRO)
- Insurance Needs and Estate Planning
Feng Shui Your Finances – Combine the art of budgeting and the science of taxes.
- Understanding Your Income
- Determining Your Historical Spending
- Projecting Your Future Expenses & Tax Liability
- Paying Sufficient Taxes
- Understanding Cost Basis of Assets
Equities are a Girl’s Best Friend – Investing 101.
- Phases of wealth accumulation
- Investment Types, Costs & Fees
- Evaluating Risk- Determinants of Portfolio Performance
- Road Blocks to Financial Success
- Questions to Ask a Prospective Financial Advisor
Presenter: Amy J Wolff, CFP®, CDFA® or Shawn Larson
Date: November 12th, 2020 from 11:00 am - 1:30pm.
Location: 3300 Edinborough Way, Suite 550, Edina MN
Cost: $25, suggested donation (scholarships available, ALL are welcome!)